Infinite, created all things
TWO NATURES IN CHRIST
THREE PERSONS IN ONE GOD
FOUR GOSPEL WRITERS
Matthew—apostle, tax collector
Mark—disciple of Peter
Luke—disciple of Paul
John—apostle, the “beloved disciple”
FIVE PARTS OF CONFESSION
Examination of conscience, contrition, confession, resolution, penance
SIX HOLY DAYS OF OBLIGATION
January 1–Mary, Mother of God
Ascension Thursday–(date varies)
August 15–Assumption of Mary
November 1–All Saints
December 8–Immaculate Conception
December 25–Christ’s birth
Anointing of the Sick
the poor in spirit
those who hunger and thirst for justice
the pure of heart
those who suffer persecution for the sake of justice.
NINE FIRST FRIDAYS
Our Lord promised St. Margaret Mary Alocoque that those who receive Holy Communion on nine consecutive First Fridays, and receive the Sacrament of Penance will not die in God’s displeasure.
1. I am the Lord your God; you shall not have other gods besides Me.
2. You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain.
3. Remember to keep holy the Lord’s Day.
4. Honor your father and your mother.
5. You shall not kill.
6. You shall not commit adultery.
7. You shall not steal.
8. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
9. You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife.
10. You shall not covet your neighbor’s goods.
ELEVEN APOSTLES REMAINED FAITHFUL
Peter, Andrew, James the Great, John, Thomas, James the Less, Philip, Bartholomew, Matthew, Simon, Jude Thaddeus
TWELVE FRUITS OF THE HOLY SPIRIT
Charity, Joy, Peace, Patience, Goodness, Long-Suffering, Humility, Faithfulness, Modesty, Continence, Chastity and Findness